Go Goodtime Pro
If you can find a job you love, you add 5 days to every week and avoid that Monday morning feeling forever! So why not turn your passion for diving in to a career by becoming a Divemaster? Whether you are considering a change in occupation, or just looking for something challenging and rewarding to do during your travels, this could be the course for you. As well as aligning yourself with one of the most respected tribes in the world, you will also be unlocking the door to an amazing lifestyle with endless travel opportunities, allowing you to explore some of the world’s most stunning destinations, and get paid for it!
Why train with us?
Dive standards are internationally prescribed so it goes without saying that your diving skills and knowledge will be in line with that of your new global colleagues. But what’s the Goodtime difference?
• Goodtime is the only dive school on Koh Tao that operates a range of diving vessels from two custom built speedboats perfect for zipping advanced divers to the best sites for fun dives to a spacious & comfortable larger boat ideal for training and beginner dive experiences. Our operation will ensure you are highly trained and experienced for many types of diving to maximize your future prospects
• We’re the only dive school in Thailand that offer a range of additional activities such as rock climbing, abseiling, flying trapeze, cliff jumping & watersports, meaning you can try your hand at all these fun things too
• We’re one of just a handful of dive schools that can also certify you in Powerboat Handling (seasonal only) and can train you to become an internationally recognised BSAC Diver Coxswain. This is a fantastic skill to pair with your new Divemaster Qualification, making you exceptionally employable around the world
• We’ve been selected as an AquaLung Partner Centre meaning we have access to the best dive equipment on the market. We have Pro Equipment Packages starting at 50,000 THB. We can help by introducing you to our AquaLung Dive Professional Equipment Adviser who can help tailor a package that best suits your needs.
#thisisreallife make it yours!
In order to enroll in the Divemaster Program you must meet the following requirements:
Be at least Advanced Adventurer certified or higher – however this would automatically be achieved when you complete the following requirements through specialty courses:
Be certified in the following specialty courses:
• Night / Limited visibility
• Recommended certification in Nitrox
• Alternatively have 5 logged dives showing experience in each area; you would need to hold the AA certificate if you take the by experience route
Rescue certified with a valid, recognised first aid qualification including primary (CPR & rescue breathing) and secondary first aid with O2 provider completed within the last 24 months.
You must also be 18 years old and be signed off as medically fit to dive.
Our SSI DM course costs 30,000 THB plus 7,975 THB which covers all materials and SSI Pro Registration
Minimum professional equipment requirements: Mask & snorkel, fins, dive computer, compass, SMB & reel, knife, slate & pencil. As an Aqualung Partner Centre, we can help you get access to a wide range of equipment for the best price. Contact our team today for more info.
- SSI Dive Guide Program
- SSI Science of Diving Program resulting in Divemaster Certification
- 100 fun dives (these are non-training dives, training dives or dives where you are completing a formal assist towards your DM rating are not taken from this total)
- SSI Dive Professional Fee (includes your first year’s professional membership)
- All instruction & training materials
- Discounts on professional equipment purchases
- Employment Assistance